My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sesame Soba Noodles with Napa Cabbage

IMG_0124
I love Asian noodle salads and as soon as I saw this one posted by Ree over at The Pioneer Woman I knew I had to try it. Her recipe has simple spaghetti noodles dressed in a scrumptious oily sauce and topped with sliced green onions. I kept the green onions and added a few twists that I think you will agree only add to the mouth-watering appeal of this dish!
I loved the crisp, refreshing crunch from the cabbage paired with the spicy sauce. This recipe is so simple and so delicious that you have absolutely no reason not to go make these noodles right now, go on, you won't be disappointed!


Sesame Soba Noodles with Napa Cabbage
recipe adapted from here

ingredients:
  • 4 ounces soba noodles, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cool water
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce (I used shoyu)
  • 1 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar (I used palm sugar because I'm trying to use it up)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp pure sesame oil
  • 1/8 tsp hot chili oil (or if you're like me and like your food extra spicy add 1/2 tsp)
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp hot water
  • 1 green onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup raw napa cabbage, sliced
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
  1. Whisk all ingredients (minus the noodles, cabbage, green onions, and sesame seeds) together in a bowl; taste and adjust as desired.
  2. Pour sauce over noodles (only add as much sauce as desired; it is not necessary to use it all), add in cabbage and green onions and toss.
  3. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This serves 1 very hungry individual, or can be served as a side dish for up to 4 people.

IMG_0119

I like my food very spicy, so I added a little dollop of sriracha, delish! Next time, I'm going to add in some sliced cucumbers as well.

IMG_0129

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails