My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
and update your bookmarks.

About Spache the Spatula

First of all, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I am delighted by each and every visitor, but even more so by the comments you leave!

Me+Mr. Jelly Belly
I discovered the food blogging community shortly after moving to Seattle (from the sunny Gulf coast of Florida) in the summer of 2008. I was overwhelmed by the amazingly fresh ingredients I had access to out here in the Pacific Northwest, and began looking up recipes online which lead to an obsession with food blogs. At the end of 2009, I finally decided to start one of my own in order to keep track of all of the recipes that I made.

Who is Spache the Spatula?
That's me! My name is Rachael and when I was younger my cousins used to call me Spache (like Rach), and somehow that led to the nickname "Spache the Spatula" (which I actually used to hate when I was a little girl). I thought it was quite a fitting title for my food blog!

What do I do?
me/trampoline me/beertasting
I'm a 22 year old student at the University of Washington in my senior year. I'm majoring in English with a minor in Anthropology. I bake and cook in my free time as a way to relieve stress and relax. Since culinary school proved to be far too expensive, I have made it my personal goal to teach myself how to cook as best as I can. Baking has always come naturally to me, but cooking has always been somewhat of a struggle. After starting this blog, I have become far more comfortable preparing meals and I now actually feel like I (somewhat) know what I'm doing!
Though I am going to school and getting my degree, my dream is to open a bakery that specializes in brownies!

Who is this "Mikey" you always talk about?
Mikey is my wonderful boyfriend, taste-tester, and photographer. He graciously photographs 75% of the recipes on my blog with his Canon EOS 20D camera and brand spankin' new Canon EOS 5D Mark II. The other 25% of the photos are taken by me with my dinky Canon Powershot SD1200 IS.

How can I contact you?
You can comment anywhere on this blog (I get notifications on all comments), or you can e-mail me at:


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails