My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grilled Peaches with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese

IMG_2999


I apologize for the lack of posts recently, but I went to Florida for a few weeks to visit my family and friends :). Even though I didn't blog while I was away, I still was busy in the kitchen! I have a few great recipes (including this one) to share with you from my time spent at home. The one drawback to them though is that I didn't have my wonderful boyfriend with me with his super nice camera and thus, all of the food I made there was shot with my silly Canon point-and-shoot. I urge you to look past the mediocre pictures and still try the recipes as I feel they are some of the best I have ever made!


Grilling fruit is an amazing way to bring out its natural sweetness, and also a fun and new (to me at least!) way of utilizing your grill. Peaches are a juicy and delicious summer fruit and while they are quite tasty in crisps, pies, and other desserts, I absolutely love the idea of fruit in more savory applications.
These luscious bites are a perfect combination of sweet, salty, and tangy, and the basil picked from my mom's herb garden really throws them over-the-top. Add in the fact that these could not be easier to make (honestly, what will follow is not much of a "recipe" as much as it is a suggestion), you have a fresh and vibrant appetizer hat is great for grill-outs and summer gatherings!


IMG_3010
IMG_2998
IMG_2997


Grilled Peaches with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
the amounts of the ingredients are totally up to you

ingredients:
  • ripe, but still fairly firm, peaches, pitted and quartered
  • prosciutto di parma, thinly sliced (you basically want 1/2-1/3 a slice for each peach quarter)
  • fresh basil
  • goat cheese (spreadable, NOT crumbles)
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • sea salt and freshly ground pepper
  • baguette, sliced
  1. Drizzle the baguette slices with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Place them under the broiler until toasted (or you can grill them if you have enough room on your grill unlike me :P).
  2. Toss the peach quarters in some olive oil and pepper. Grill the peaches on each side for a few minutes until dark grill marks appear and the fruit easily lift from the grill.
  3. To serve, arrange the peaches around the goat cheese on a platter (the brand I used was Chavrie; it came in a nifty cube-like container and was easy to remove). Drape each peach with 1/2 slice of prosciutto and top with a basil leaf. Serve with the toasted baguette. To actually eat it, you should spread some goat cheese on a piece of toast and top it with the peach/prosciutto/basil. It's a big bite, but SO amazing!
IMG_3000
IMG_3007
IMG_2995

2 comments:

  1. RACHEL! OMG I just went to Ravenous Pig last week and had the most amazing appetizer EVER - it was grilled apricots wrapped in prosciutto and topped with goat cheese and pistachio crumbles!!! It's like the exact same thing you made...sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm that sounds delectable! I love apricots and pistachios together! also, this is super easy to make so you should try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails