This is another recipe that I have had on the back-burner for quite a while, and finally just got around to it. Unfortunately, the original recipe called for pomegranate arils which are now out of season, so I decided to make some alterations! I substituted dried cranberries for the pomegranate; they worked beautifully!
The dish turned out phenomenal! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts, and I think they really shine in this pasta. The cranberries impart just enough sweetness to counteract the hearty kale.
Try this pasta. Not only is it super easy, but the flavors and textures mingle in your mouth in a glorious fusion of sweet, hearty, salty, and crunchy (plus it's pretty darn healthy). I don't think you'll be disappointed :).
Whole Grain Linguine with Kale, Dried Cranberries, and Pistachio Sauce
recipe adapted from 101 Cookbooks
- 8 ounces whole grain linguine
- 2/3 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of lacinato kale, washed, de-stemmed, and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While the water is heating, make the pistachio sauce by pureeing half of the pistachios, garlic, salt, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Set aside.
- When the water is boiling, cook the pasta per the package instructions. At the last second, add in the kale and then drain right away and rinse under cold water. Spin in a salad spinner to fully dry the pasta/kale.
- Toss the pasta and kale with the pistachio sauce and 1/2 of the dried cranberries. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Top with the remaining dried cranberries and pistachios and serve!