I have been having some serious cravings for a cookie loaded with chocolate and nuts, but I have quite the mish-mosh of ingredients on hand. After the cravings didn't subside, and Mikey started getting them too, I just decided to throw whatever I had into the batter and the results were outstanding!
These cookies are not for the faint of heart as the ingredients list (at least of my own mix-ins!) is overwhelming, to say the least, but the flavor! Oh the flavor is stupendous! So many textures and tastes! Every bite is something new! Enjoy these with a big mug of milk.
Everything (But the Kitchen Sink) Cookies
makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 4 cups of mix-ins (I used chopped semisweet chocolate, chopped bittersweet chocolate, chopped white chocolate, chopped pecans, and sliced almonds)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars for a couple of minutes until thoroughly combined. Add in the whole egg, yolk, vanilla extract, and vanilla paste and beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Stir in your desired mix-ins.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoon sized onto the prepared baking sheets about an inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.