My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Soft Scrambled Eggs with Arugula and Prosciutto

IMG_0965


Ever since I realized the glory that is slow scrambled eggs, I have been all over those babies like white on rice. While I was home, I really wanted to share their tastiness with my family so they could appreciate their wonderfulness as much as I do! Yesterday morning I woke up early and made my mom some for breakfast.
I wasn't sure about the flavor combination that I wanted to include in them so I just decided to see what I had on-hand. I saw some arugula and prosciutto di parma leftover from the tartines I made a couple of days ago and it was settled!
These eggs turned out amazing and it's safe to say that my mother was rather impressed. I served them up with some nice fresh strawberries topped with mascarpone cheese that I mixed with a bit of cream and brown sugar- utterly delightful!


IMG_0962


Soft Scrambled Eggs with Arugula and Prosciutto

ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • pat of butter
  • salt and pepper
  • handful of arugula
  • shaved parmesan cheese
  • a couple of slices of prosciutto di parma
  1. Whisk together the eggs and cream until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
  2. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Wait until the butter foams up and then the foam subsides. Pour in the eggs/cream and reduce the heat to low.
  3. Continually stir the eggs with a wooden spoon over very low heat until the desired consistency is reached (this should take quite a bit of time, up to around 30 minutes). Add in the arugula and stir until it wilts.
  4. Scoop the eggs onto four pieces of toasted, fresh bread. Top with a sprinkling of shaved parmesan and finish with a slice of prosciutto. Serves 2-4 depending on appetites.
IMG_0966

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails