My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Edamame Hummus

Edamame Hummus


My junior year at the University of Washington is officially underway as of yesterday, and I am both excited and nervous for the quarter. In an effort to bring my lunches/snacks instead of purchasing them on campus, I have been making some easy-to-pack foods/meals.
I love hummus, and I think it makes a wonderful appetizer, snack, or meal. As much as I adore the traditional chickpea-based hummus, I fell in love with another type that I tried about a year ago- edamame hummus. It is a delightful (and colorful!) alternative to regular, old hummus. It's really satisfying and has that "healthy-taste" (Does that make sense to anyone but myself? I guess "fresh" works as well...) to it. I implore you to make it immediately, and make it by the pound! Pack it for work, or school, or you children's lunches. You can even serve this as a super easy appetizer at a dinner party. It's applications are endless!


Edamame Hummus


Edamame Hummus

ingredients:
  • 10 ounces edamame, boiled and shells removed (frozen are great too!)
  • zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • red pepper, flakes, to taste (optional)
  1. Combine everything except the olive oil in the bowl of a food processor and blend until combined.
  2. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
  3. Garnish with more olive oil, toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, or parsley (really anything you like). Serve with veggies and pita bread :).
Edamame Hummus

1 comment:

  1. Saving this recipe, as well : ) Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails