Guys, someone needs to stop me. I am addicted to brownies (1 2). Is there a brownie helpline I can call? This is not good for my waistline, not good at all. Please send help!
However, it is absolutely glorious for my taste buds. These brownies can only be described as outrageous. Nothing should be allowed to taste this good; these babies are downright sinful! They include both dark chocolate and semisweet, but where is the third type of chocolate to complete the trifecta? In the peanut butter! Yes. I've had a mostly finished off jar of white chocolate peanut butter chillin' in my pantry for the past year. It's a bit too sweet for the typical PB&J, but it's absolutely perfect in these brownies! Peanut butter and chocolate are just one of those classic combos that I can't get enough of. Oh and by the way, this is the first time I have used peanut butter chips because I am obviously some kind of fool, but OH. MY. GOSH. They are like the creamy insides of Reese's Pieces!
These are fudgy brownies, NOT cakey. Cakey brownie lovers might as well leave now because you're so not welcome here *points to the door* (Juuust kidding! ...or am I?!), but fudgy brownie lovers, get in your kitchens and bake these on the double and then prepare to be in complete and utter awe.
I made these for my boyfriend's curling league, and let me just tell you- someone else happened to bring brownies too, and theirs just sat there all sad while mine were gobbled up in no time at all :D.
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
recipe generously adapted from here
makes 16 brownies
(or 32 if you cut the little squares in half creating triangles like I later did!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa powder (you can use regular unsweetened if you have it on hand)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter (of course you could use regular peanut butter, but then they would only be double chocolate peanut butter brownies)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch square baking dish and line with parchment paper; grease the paper too. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until melted.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the melted chocolate/butter and sugar for a couple of minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the flour mixer. Beat until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the edges are puffed and the center looks set. Do not overbake (like I may have done just a weence, shhh)!
- Cool completely before slicing. It's best to refrigerate them first and then slice (I, personally, think).