My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 21, 2009

White Chocolate Heath Cookies

IMG_0996


Cookie Time! I finally had to give in to my family's pleads for something sweet and decided to try something a little different. My dad's favorite cookie is White Chocolate Macadamia, but his favorite candy is definitely Heath (and, by the way,  I could not, for the life of me, keep him away from it while I was making these!); I decided, why not borrow a bit from both and make White Chocolate Heath Cookies?
These cookies turned out absolutely perfect. I know calling something "perfect" is a little much, but I honestly don't know how else to describe them! The crunchy heath and the warm, gooey white chocolate just may be a match made in heaven (Who knew?). Plus, they have a nice crispy-ness to them while still being chewy.
Make them this holiday season. I promise you won't be disappointed (and neither will your family or friends- in fact, don't be surprised if you happen to make a few new buddies with these tasty treats!).


IMG_0983
IMG_1000


Poor Max wanted some cookies. My father honest to goodnesss said they were "doggone good" while attempting to be super punny, hah.

IMG_0994
IMG_0995

Sorry Maxie :(.


White Chocolate Heath Cookies

ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 extra large egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
  • 2 cups Heath pieces
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
  3. Cream together the butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer or with a hand-held mixer. Add in the whole egg and the vanilla and beat until combined; follow with the yolk and again beat until combined.
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
  5. Stir in the white chocolate and the heath.
  6. Scoop dough into 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls onto the baking sheet. Lightly press down on the cookies to flatten them ever-so-slightly.
  7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and setting on a wire rack to further cool.
IMG_0972

2 comments:

  1. I had bought similiar cookies in a grocery store, but could never make them quite right. These cookies were delicious!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails