My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Veggie and Hummus Sandwich

I had a wonderful day yesterday . I went to the Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature in 3-D with my boyfriend, Mikey. As I watched, I munched on some delectable Swedish Fish. It was long! It started at 3:45 and didn't end until around 7pm! Afterwards, we went to P.F. Chang's as I had a $50 gift certificate from my birthday. We ordered almost half the menu! We started with the amazingly delicious crab rangoons and the wanton soup, and then proceeded to order four entrees and a side of garlic sauteed spinach! We were full before the entrees even arrived and ended up only having a couple of bites of each before asking for everything to be boxed up, ha ha. Needless to say, we have enough P.F. Chang's in the fridge for the entire week.

Since I was still full from my Chinese feast last night, I didn't feel like eating until around 12:45. I opened the fridge and looked around, trying to decide what to eat but noticed the P.F. Chang's leftovers staring back menacingly at me... I knew those would not be on the immediate menu. I decided on something fresh, a nice hummus sandwich.

IMG_5122

I slathered some hummus on one slice of bread (mine is Dakota bread from Great Harvest), and then topped it with a small handful of sprouts, some slices of raw zucchini, and roasted red peppers. I smeared some avocado (about 1/4 of a small one) on the other slice of bread and placed a slice of Tillamook Swiss atop it and then some tomatoes. I finished with some salt and pepper and put the two pieces together.

IMG_5116

I then popped it in a 350 degree oven until the cheese got all gooey and the bread toasted, about ten minutes (It's times like these when I wish I had a panini press or grill pan).

IMG_5121
IMG_5119

It was just what I wanted. Oh my gosh, the hummus gets nice and warm in the oven and mixes a bit with the gooey Swiss and the roasted red peppers added a subtle sweetness... It was awesome! I ate my sandwich with a sliced plum on the side and a glass of ice cold Diet Lime Pepsi (diet cola is my ultimate weakness).

IMG_5128

Next time I think I might try roasting the zucchini first and adding some spinach!

IMG_5126

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails