My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Roasted Strawberry Salad with Baked Goat Cheese

IMG_0181
Closet Cooking has become one of my very favorite blogs to go to for recipes. Kevin's blog entries are always creative and inspired and it helps that I seem to have very similar taste buds to him! I saw this Roasted Strawberry Salad with Baked Goat Cheese and I instantly knew I had to make it.
The balsamic vinegar complements the strawberries so nicely and the creamy goat cheese is a great contrast to the tartness.

Roasted Strawberry Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
recipe adapted from here

ingredients:
  • 8 ounces goat cheese
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
  • 4 cups strawberries, stemmed and halved
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 15 ounces Romaine lettuce, cut or torn onto bite-sized pieces (I used baby romaine and romaine hearts)
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 2/3 cup pecans, toasted
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and freeze the goat cheese for 20 minutes.
  2. Slice the goat cheese into discs and dredge them in the bread crumbs. (I rolled mine into small balls and then flattened them out for smaller discs) Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden brown (since I used Panko it didn't really brown). Set aside.
  3. Toss the strawberries in the honey and balsamic vinegar to coat and place in a single-layer baking dish. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly caramelized.
  4. Pour the juices from the strawberries into a bowl and mix with the olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
  5. Toss the lettuce, strawberries, and dressing together and place goat cheese on top. Serve immediately.
IMG_0186
IMG_0183

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails