My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Butter and Breakfast

I wasn't too hungry when I first got up, but by 11 AM I had developed enough hunger for breakfast. I decided on something simple (as I generally do for breakfasts) and went for a bagel. But what to put on this bagel? Definitely peanut butter, yes I love nut butters of all kinds. Then, I remembered the pumpkin in the fridge and decided it was a perfect time as any to whip up some quick pumpkin butter.


IMG_0064


Quick Pumpkin Butter
recipe from here


IMG_0062


ingredients:


IMG_0052IMG_0054


2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
2 tbsp water
3/4 cup pumpkin puree


IMG_0049
Crushing up the cloves!
  1. In a microwave-safe bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the pumpkin, mix well, and cover with plastic wrap (I forgot to cover mine and it was completely fine).
  2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the sugars have melted.
  3. Stir the mixture and add the pumpkin, beating lightly.
  4. Microwave on high for another 3 minutes.
  5. Enjoy!
IMG_0060


I spread half of my Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel with creamy Maranatha Natural Peanut Butter and then topped that with a spread of pumpkin butter. The other half of my bagel was spread with real butter and then a nice dose of Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves.


IMG_0056IMG_0058
IMG_0065


My poor disheveled bagel. It's all crunched up from its time spent in the freezer. Oh well. It was still out of this world good! Especially when a bit of the jam and pumpkin butter mixed... man I think the two were made for each other. I may need to make a PB&J sandwich with pumpkin butter instead of peanut butter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails