My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.spachethespatula.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Snickerdoodles

IMG_0140

Cookies might just be my absolute favorite things to bake (though scones are a close runner-up). I have tried my hands at countless creative cookie recipes, yet, I still haven't made some of the classics. Well, today I'm able to check a quintessential cookie recipe off of my "never made" list- the snickerdoodle. I might not have made a snickerdoodle before these, but I have certainly eaten my fair share and I have to say, these are by far the best that I have ever had. This recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen who adapted it from Martha Stewart.

Snickerdoodles
recipe from here

ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at rom temperature
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus more if needed
  • 2 tbsp ground cinnamon, plus more if needed
  • 2 large eggs
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Move a rack to the top third of the oven, and one to the bottom third. Line two baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper; set aside.
  2. Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
  3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until combined.
  4. Slowly add in dry ingredients and beat until combined.
  5. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
  6. Use a small cookie scoop to form balls of the dough and roll them in the cinnamon-sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
  7. Bake 10 minutes (rotating the baking sheet after 5) or until the cookies are set in the center and begin to crack.
  8. Cool on cookie sheet for five minutes and then transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack.
IMG_0138
Cookies can be stored in an air-tight container for up to a week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails